What: Helsinki Conference on Supporting Syrians and the Region
The conference will:
- Provide an overview on key humanitarian priorities for Syria in 2017, coordinated by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA); and
- Launch the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan for 2017 and 2018, coordinated by the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) and the UN Development Programme (UNDP).
When: A joint press conference will be held on 24 January, from 12:00pm to 12:30 pm, bringing together a representative of the Government of Finland, and three Principals of UN Agencies:
- High-level representatives of the United Nations scheduled to participate include: Stephen O’Brien.
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, OCHA; Filippo Grandi.
- High Commissioner for Refugees; Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator.